It’s time for our approximately yearly update! If you’re looking for Cliff House Alpacas during this holiday season, here’s where we are:
- October 17th and 18th, 10:00 – 4:00: Dakota Ridge High School Annual Craft Fair
- November 7th, 9:00 – 4:00: Castle Rock Senior Center Craft Show, Douglas County Fairgrounds
- November 14th, 9:00 – 4:00: Ye Olde Yuletide Bazaar, Parker Fieldhouse
- November 21st, 10:00 – 3:00: Lincoln Meadows Senior Center Craft Show
- December 5th, 9:30 – 3:00: South Suburban Craft Show, South Suburban Rec Center (Goodson Center)
We’ve already been to two excellent shows, where we made new friends and even had the pleasure of following up with previous customers! It’s nice to talk to folks about the yarn projects they made with our yarn, or how a scarf is working for a loved one.
What else has happened since we posted last? So much! The usual round of barn chores, trips to buy hay, shearing, ranch maintenance, animal antics, near-disasters, and of course: knitting and spinning. Here’s the hat I finished last night…did I go a bit crazy with that pom-pom?
Mom learned to spin! I wish I had some pictures of that, but she’s very shy about it. She just sold her first cowl made from her own handspun yarn, and we couldn’t be happier.
Merlin (our eldest alpaca) got very sick, then recovered fully. Here he is being babied through the rough times.
All told, it’s been a good year to be here at Cliff House Alpacas. We’ve had our challenges, but far more successes than failures. Come and see us at any of our upcoming shows, and we’ll catch up more.